Thursday, September 30, 2010

What a joyous Sound!

I don't think there are any words to describe the joyous feeling of hearing your baby's heartbeat! Although we have heard it several times already, yesterday just seemed different.  This was the first time that we did not hear it through a sonogram and it just seemed so much more alive.  There's always a little fear this early on that the doctor wouldn't be able to find it with the doppler!! Little Squirt's heart is beating 160 times a minute, so strong and healthy! Although many have heard and said, the higher the heartbeat the better the chances are that it is a girl, the doctor shared that this is just not the case.  My doctor did offer to send her good wishes our way, since she has four daughters and three granddaughters, but Ryan insisted that she keep all that to herself! Obviously we would be just thrilled with either a boy or a girl, I'm just not sure I would know what to do with a boy! I mean, I am the oldest of four girls. The only man in my life has always only been my dad....until now of course! Ryan says boys are just so much easier! Who knows!  Both will be fun I'm sure! 
I've been feeling alright. It's starting to come and go in waves so I'm hoping that's a sign that we are almost through this "morning/all day" sickness!  Monday, I felt great! I got off work about 530pm, went to the grocery store, cooked dinner, cleaned the house, went on a walk, decorated the house for fall, and then CRASHED!  Tuesday I felt like I could barely function! Haha! I think I just wore myself out! 
Then there's maternity clothes....I'll save that for a whole new post! 
Hope you're having a great week! It's almost Friday!! Woohoo!!

1 comment: