Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cooper Isaac!!

Well, It's a BOY!!!! I know it has been quite some time since I have blogged. I have just been so busy and so tired lately that it has not quite made the list of things to do. I am going to be better! I promise!! We went to the doctor today and had our third sonogram!! What an experience that was.  We knew we were going to get to find out the sex of the baby so we asked our mothers to come along with us! We thought it would be something they would really enjoy! I felt like we were in there forever waiting for her to reveal the sex. We got to see the heart beat, the kidneys, the hands and feet, and every other body part you can imagine!! It's amazing to me how real the baby looked! And then, plain as day, we knew it was a boy!!! I was so excited and so scared all at the same time.  In case you have forgotten, the main man in my life growing up was my dad!! I have three sisters!! I'm just not too sure what to do with a boy!!! I know I'll figure it out as we go along, but I just hope my poor little boy doesn't think his mother is nuts!!! Ryan was ecstatic!! Although he wouldn't come out and say it, I know deep down he wanted a boy!! He's a big believer in the big brother coming first to protect the little sister! The only concern I have with this whole thing is that Ryan's nickname as a child was "Wrecker!!"  This, my friends, is going to be a problem!! I've always heard paybacks come to you in your children!! This is going to be fun, I know it!!

We decided on Cooper Isaac for this sweet boy.  Cooper, because we really liked the name and Isaac after Ryan's grandad and great-grandad. When we were coming up with names we really wanted to keep a family name!

One of the most exciting things about Cooper is that he is only going to be about 3 months younger than Baird, my little nephew arriving in just a few weeks! It will be so fun for them to be so close and for Maggie and I to get to experience this whole thing together!! My mom is already concerned that their High School graduation will be on the same night!! He will also be able to look up to his big cousin Evan and follow in his footsteps! I never had cousins around my same age so I am so excited for Cooper to get to have such a big extended family!!!

I was a little worried about having a boy since all my friends have little girls! I wanted them so much to be best friends like we all were!! But, I think this will be even better! Little Cooper can just marry one of them and we can be sisters like we always dreamt of being!! I can't wait for play dates!!

Now that we know Cooper will be joining us, we can finally get to decorate the nursery. We are almost done cleaning out Ryan's "man-room" and are ready to start the remodeling!! We (Ryan and Danny) are going to be building built-in cabinets/bookshelf/changing station! We have big dreams for what it is going to look like! Now, as for the theme of the room, I have left that up to Ryan! I know, you may think I am crazy, but he has been talking about his "dream" for the room for months!! Let me just say the word "baseball" and you can imagine the rest!! I'll update as we make progress!!!

1 comment:

  1. mailey james and cooper are having an arranged marriage, and that is all there is to it! I LOVE YOU and i am SO EXCITED for him to be here. you're going to be an amazing mommy!

    ReplyDelete