Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First comes love, then comes marriage...

You got it....then comes the baby in the baby carriage!  Yes, Ryan and I are pregnant and so very excited!! We have known for a while now and it is so exciting to finally spread the great news!! Here's the story- I noticed that I hadn't been feeling very well for a few days but didn't want to jump to any conclusions.  One night while Ryan was at two-a-days I decided just to take a test to see, expecting it to be negative.  Right after I took the test, my friend Jamie called and I started catching up with her.  I forgot I had taken the test until about 30 minutes later.  Jamie and I were still talking and when I went to look at the result and there were TWO pink lines! Of course, I tried not to freak out and let it show in my voice, but later Jamie did tell me that I seemed distracted! I couldn't believe it!! I was so excited, nervous and in disbelief all at one time.  Ryan wasn't supposed to be home for about 5 hours so I had nobody to freak out with!! I had always thought that I would tell him some really creative way, but of course now that it was here, I couldn't think of a single creative way to do it! I had to leave the house immediately and went shopping in Cedar Hill.  I went to a million stores searching for just the right things, but just felt clueless! It had to be something not too girly or too boyish! I finally found a cute little "Baseball/softball perhaps" outfit that was just adorable! I was so overwhelmed as I looked at all the cute baby clothes!  I got the movie "Parenthood" because I feel like it puts a very comical spin on parenting.  I bought a big book full of baby names as well as "What to Expect When You're Expecting."  I put these all in a bag along with a card and set it on top of the dryer by the back door. Since Ryan wasn't supposed to be home until after 10, I thought I would act like I was already in bed (because normally I definitely would have been).  When he FINALLY got home, he told me later that he thought, "Oh, that's so sweet. She got me a present for going back to work and working so much with football."  After he took the first book out, he came around the corner into the living room where I was sitting and said "Are you serious? We're pregnant!"  I couldn't even hold back my tears I was so excited!  He ran to the couch and we just sat there hugging for several minutes.  He was so excited!  He kept saying, "I'm so excited. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm really nervous too, but I'm so excited!"  I don't think I slept for a solid week.  Of course I took another test the following morning because I just wanted to make sure (and maybe another one the next week as well!).  Let me tell you this: It is so hard to keep this a secret for six whole weeks! Do you know how many "lies" you have to tell?  Unbelievable!! We have been to the doctor twice and have had two sonograms.  Baby looks healthy, with a heart beat of 167!  Little "squirt" is due April 19th which means yes, I am already 10 weeks!  Go ahead and do the math people, we have been married 3 months and are only 2 and a half months pregnant!! I am really hoping to blog throughout this whole process so that I can someday look back and remember all the joy (and nausea and exhaustion) that I feel! We couldn't be happier and can't wait for little squirt to be here!

PS....I've been meaning to blog for several days now, but I fall asleep before I can even turn the computer on!! More to come on that later! 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU!!!!!!! so excited for little squirt to be here! the movie parenthood is so good, and i bawl at the end every time i see it! so excited and can't wait to be with you on this amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! am so excited for yall!! and am so excited that baird and little squirt are going to be so close in age :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i am so happy for you guys! i hope that squirt and finley can be friends! what a great time for your parents too!

    ReplyDelete