Friday, March 18, 2011

Baseball, baseball, and more baseball!

I can't even believe it! Cooper will be here before we know it! Ryan and I feel like we are at the "hurry up and wait" stage.  You are encouraged to have all these baby preparation things done well in advance just in case the little one decides to join you a little early, but then if or when he doesn't, you sit and stare at each other just waiting! It's exciting and nerve racking all at the same time! We are finally done with the nursery....at least I think! The only thing we are waiting for is the rocker that we are having recovered to be finished. That should be any day now! Here are some pictures! What do you think? Any suggestions of things we should add?


Here you can kind of see how the room is set up! Up against the far wall when you walk in is the crib with the bedding that my mother and mother in law made.  Up above it is the scoreboard that my husband (with a little help from his parents) hand made. It says "Rodgers Field at Cooperstown." I absolutely love it and am so impressed at their talent!


Here's a better look at the Scoreboard and the mural.  We wanted to sort of give off the illusion of being in a ballpark with the fans! We are very pleased with how the scoreboard turned out! It was even painted out of chalkboard paint so that someday Cooper can really play with it!


The hutch finally came in after 3 long months of waiting! It's not completely decorated quite yet, but we are working on it! The "Danger-Foul Ball Area" sign on top had strict restrictions as to where it could go in the nursery.  Ryan wanted to make sure that it truly fell in a foul ball zone of the room! Haha...Oh goodness! I would have never known the difference!


Not a great picture here- Sorry! Hopefully you can see the adorable curtains that my mother in law made! I absolutely love the way they turned out! There were certain pieces that were a must when designing Cooper's room and the Nolan Ryan picture seen below was one of them! He had it signed by Nolan and really wanted it to be in there! I love it right next to the baseball lamp that I found online! 


Hopefully with the room being so "baseball" themed, Cooper actually likes the sport! Haha!!! If not, I know a pretty excited 30 year old man that would move on in in a heartbeat!

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment: